Welcome to "The Arts" @ Woodlynne!
Degrees and Certifications:
Master of Fine Arts, Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, Philadelphia, PA
Mrs. Jessica Melchiorre
My Contact Information:
My class schedule has me teaching our on Tuesdays & Fridays. You can reach me by email at:firstname.lastname@example.org or leave me a voice mail @ 856 962 8822 ext 175. I look forward to answering any questions you may have.
Why Are the Arts Important ?
• They are languages that all people speak that cut across racial, cultural, social, educational, and economic barriers and enhance cultural appreciation and awareness.
• They are symbol systems as important as letters and numbers.
• They integrate mind, body, and spirit.
• They provide opportunities for self-expression, bringing the inner world into the outer world of concrete reality.
• They offer the avenue to "flow states" and peak experiences.
• They create a seamless connection between motivation, instruction, assessment, and practical application--leading to deep understanding.
• They are an opportunity to experience processes from beginning to end.
• They develop both independence and collaboration.
• They provide immediate feedback and opportunities for reflection.
• They make it possible to use personal strengths in meaningful ways and to bridge into understanding sometimes difficult abstractions through these
• They merge the learning of process and content.
• They improve academic achievement -- enhancing test scores, attitudes, social skills, critical and creative thinking.
• They exercise and develop higher order thinking skills including analysis, synthesis, evaluation, and "problem-finding."
• They are essential components of any alternative assessment program.
• They provide the means for every student to learn.